Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What to expect with All the little Pieces Photography


Hi! I'm Lisa.

 So you want to get your photos taken? Excellent! You have convinced your hubby how important this is and are thrilled he is on board! Time to go! You talk to your son and try to convince him to get the hair out of his eyes ... Quickly pace around the house looking for that bow that matches the plaid skirt your littlest is going to wear….


And then you think… How are we going to do this? I’m soooo nervous….

 Or maybe it’s your child's 5th birthday and he hates studios, hates the the flash of the camera, hates the noise of the mall. You just want a picture that captures the essence of your family. I understand… HERE ARE A FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM A SESSION WITH ME and I hope it helps to ease your mind a bit:

I am not a traditional family photographer. Of course, I will aim to get you a couple PERFECT photos where everyone is looking at the camera, but in all honesty that’s not what family life is like. It’s NOT perfect.  I like the moments in between. The real moments.  I want to capture your kids interacting.  I want to capture the CHAOS.  When you meet me for a family portrait session I want everyone to run around, play and have fun.  Mom is not allowed to get upset and stressed.   She’s going to leave it all up to me and I promise we will get some amazing photos for you to blow up and hang on your wall.
When parents are frustrated and spend their whole time trying to coax the little ones to smile at the camera…we end up capturing that stress and anxiety.  You don’t want to look back on a photo and remember the frustration that went into capturing it.  These sessions are all about you having fun with your family and painting a realistic picture of what life with your family is like! Its about watching you fall in love... enjoying each others company. It's all about relationships. Capturing what you feel.

I like to get you moving… So expect to move, walk and jump around…… I will sometimes even set up a scenario… “Okay..you run ahead of her and she will try and catch you!” .  I’ve found that these type of scenarios are perfect in loosening you up and giving you something to do besides think about my big camera being in your face! SO get comfortable with me, because I will come in



Be prepared to BREATHE on my lens.  It may take a bit to get used to so that’s why I warn ya… Don’t worry, I smell good and I’ll let you know when I’m coming in for the CLOSE-UP :)

Also, feel free to bring something that is important to you...an expression of what it is to be in your world.
























The biggest request I get ?  ”I want candid photos…not staged”! Ah-ha…what people don’t realize is that they usually aren’t candid!  If you think about it most people, including me, get nervous in front of a camera.  Especially with a stranger… Especially out in public.  The way to get you to completely let down your guard so I can get a NOT-SO-POSED shot is by giving you an action to do.  Sometimes the action will be cheesy, but if you just commit, I promise I will never make you look silly!!! I WANT to capture the moment after the CHEESE moment. And I only want the best for your photos too! You have to trust me!

 
 Sometimes, I’ll get you to stand in one spot and just BE for a bit. It may feel a little strange, but trust me the outcome is perfection. 















Be willing to get a little dirty
And by dirty, I mean…..be prepared to sit! Some clients don’t want to sit and that’s perfectly fine, but if you are willing to the options for posing will be endless!





I can’t stress this one enough.  I WANT YOU TO LOOK GORGEOUS and capture moments all the way between happy and sexxy…. so if you want to get some of this on camera…then BRING it…and we will rock it out!




 

SO, don't stress over your photo session with me, look forward to it! Together we will capture your family, your relationships.... Your LOVE

2 comments:

  1. great presentation!! I wish Mike was 5 or 6, or 10, again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever need a photo taken, I'll definitely be calling you..:)

    ReplyDelete